PT. Astrindo Sentosa Kusuma
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) departments, also called HSE departments, are entities commonly found within companies that consider, occupational health and safety, environmental protection at work as important as providing quality products, and which therefore have managers and departments responsible for these issues.
OHSAS 18001, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems-Requirements (officially BS OHSAS 18001) is an internationally applied British Standard for occupational health and safety management systems. It exists to help all kinds of organizations put in place demonstrably sound occupational health and safety performance. It is a widely recognized and popular occupational health and safety management system.
Its supporters claim that an occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS) promotes a safe and healthy working environment providing a framework that helps organizations to:
- Identify and control health and safety risks
- Reduce the potential for accidents
- Aid legal compliance
- Improve overall performance
OHSAS 18001 can be aligned with existing ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 management system. Historically many organizations start with the quality management system ISO 9001, then add the environment management requirements from ISO 14001. Many organizations now look at implementing all three standards at once which can minimize costs and disruption.
HOW IT ALL BEGAN
Founded in 1987, PT. Astrindo Sentosa Kusuma has started as a trade and services company by Sri Suyati. We have to created a culture of responsibility that runs everything we do.
PT. Astrindo Sentosa Kusuma specializes in providing a range of client focused of Health Safety Environment training services to oil and gas, construction, mining, and general hazardous industries. We also expanded to ISO series & OHSAS training and consultant. Together with Depnaker, we conduct the Government Approved Occupational Safety and Health Expert. This course aims to train an individual to create a safer work environment. We always do the best to serve our customers by providing of Health Safety and Environment training.
Our goal is to protect our people, the public, our property and the environment in which they work and live. It is a commitment that is in the best interests of our customers and us.
- To ensure safety is always at the forefront for every employee.
- Building a sfety workplace together.
- To distinguish ourselves through listening, learning and understanding industry challenge and to capitalize on strategic and opportunistic possibilities.
- To provide services that are attractive and fair to our customers and earn their loyality
- To provide the industry with the most effective, realistic and state of the art training available, thereby enhancing safety awareness in the workplace and making a positive contribution of the lives of our training participants and customers.
The general approach to HSE management as per international standards ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 is based on the methodology called “Plan-Do-Check-Act” (PDCA), made popular by W.Edwards Deming. PDCA in the HSE context can briefly be described as follows,
- Plan, document the organization’s overall HSE aims and objectives in a policy statement, identify and register environmental aspects and impacts and occupational health and safety risks as well as regulatory requirements.
- Do, define HSE objectives and targets, implement suitable strategic initiatives to deliver results in accordance with the organization’s HSE policy and legal requirements.
- Chek, monitor and measure the results against policy, objectives, targets and legal and other requirements.
- Act, take action to continually improve the performance of the HSE management system.
COMMITMENT and LEADERSHIP
Management shall provide strong visible commitment, leadership and personal involvement in heath, safety and the environment. Management shall make available the resources necessary to achieve our HSE objectives.
- Set personal example day to day by following HSE rules
- Make decisions that consider HSE matters equal to cost, quality, morale and production
- Delegate the necessary authority to the appropriate personnel and allocate resources to carry out HSE functions.
- Visit operations on a regular basis to demonstrate commitment and recognize performance in HSE matters.
- Hold those in positions of authority accountable at all levels of the company for compliance with company policies and global standards.
- Develop HSE objectives at your level of responsibility.
- Communicate with employees, clients, subcontractors and industry personnel so that they know and understand the intent of HSE policies.
- Celebrate and promote your HSE success.
Policies and Objectives
Say what you are going to do. Develop and communicate policies demonstrating a commitment to HSE that is consistent with, and at least equal to other business aims. Supporting objectives shall be defined, deployed and maintained at all organizational levels.
- Develop local HSE policies that support and are consistent with corporate standards.
- Set objectives for continuos improvement
- Involves all levels of management and personnel in development of objectives for the divisison.
- Develop specific objectives for the reductionof risk.
- Communicate the policies and objectives to all employees in a clear, readily understood, medium.
- Develop performance measures to guide and gauge progress towards achieving objectives.
- Meet and strive to excee regulatory requirements in all jurisdictions.
- Review policies and objectives at all levels on a regular basis, to determine continue validity.